Wednesday, February 22, 2012

WIP Wednesdays

Wow - how time flies when you are having fun....I can't believe that it is Wednesday already.

I have been pretty busy this week, so let's get to it...

I took up the Mini Quilt Challenge by Ellison Lane Quilts and was inspired by a great tutorial by "Don't Call Me Betsy" - and created this Valentine inspired mini quilt.  It is machine pieced and I hand quilted it. I call it "Be Mine Friendship Star".  I had a bunch of 6" squares of various reds just laying about and being February, they were calling to me.  I put a natural linen border on it and love how it looks...what do you think?
Second finish for the week is a commission for a friend to give to her Mom.  She wanted something very traditional and 'country' colors.  Her Mom also likes chickens...so here is what I came up with.  It is an original design called, "Keep Your Sunny Side Up" - machine pieced and hand quilted with a pieced back.

I think the one that I am most happy about is finally getting my Tennessee Waltz back from the long-arm quilter - it is now bound and has been washed and dried for that wonderful crinkly look - I am so pleased with how it turned out....
Also on the table are the following:

  • Sew Out Loud {Quilter's Word Play} QAL
  • getting "The Big Flake" ready for quilting (top & back are assembled)
  • Modern Minx Bee - starting to design the layout of all my yummy blocks from my fellow Minx!  
  • Friendship Star Swap Quilt....block are waiting!
  • two more quilts are at the long arm quilter that need to be finished for the quilt show in July! 
Whew - but it feels good to be busy and creating....

That's all for now - see y'all later.

Connie

2 comments: